Bus Route Changes
Contingency Plan for Driver Shortages - Effective December 2021
Greenlink needs 37 bus drivers to operate its scheduled weekday service from 5:30 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
If staffing drops below 29 drivers, Greenlink must reduce service due to staffing shortages. The Contingency Plan outlines the service reductions to be implemented based on the number of bus drivers available.
Reductions in service range from:
- Reducing service frequency on Route 602: Woodruff Connector – which would mean bus service is available at bus stops along Route 602 every 60 minutes instead of bus service being available every 30 minutes
- Using one bus to service two different routes – which would mean that the vehicle and driver will alternate which route is served every other trip, providing bus service to each route every 120 minutes instead of every 60 minutes
- Combining two routes into one new route, traveling outbound on one route and then coming back into the Transit Center along a completely different route – which would mean bus service will only be available every 60 minutes on one side of the road depending on the new route’s design
The new routes created to combine two existing routes are described below:
- Route 550: White Horse / Woodside
- Route 550 will leave the Transit Center and follow along Route 506: Woodside until it reaches Farrs Bridge Road. Instead of returning to the Transit Center along Cedar Lane Road, Route 550 will continue across Farrs Bridge Road and travel the inbound path of Route 502: White Horse. Click here to view a map of Route 550.
- When Route 550 is in service, the following stops will not receive service:
|STOP ID||BUS STOP NAME|
Birnie St & S Hudson St
Birnie St & N Leach St
Birnie St & Howard St
Birnie St & Gates St
Queen St & Kingsview St
Pendleton St & Irvine St
Woodside Ave & S 6th St
Woodside Ave & E Bramlett Rd
Smythe St & Ravenel St (outbound)
Old Buncombe Rd & Blease St
Old Buncombe Rd & Neely St
Old Buncombe Rd & N Franklin Rd
Old Buncombe Rd & Brooks Ave (Lakeview MS)
Sulphur Springs Rd & Old Buncombe Rd
Sulphur Springs Rd & Watkins Rd
Sulphur Springs Rd & Ridgeover Dr
Eunice Dr & Coan St
Lions Club Rd (Berea High School)
Lily St & Burdine Rd
White Horse Rd & Eastbourne Rd
White Horse Rd & Saluda Dam Rd
White Horse Rd & W Blue Ridge Dr (inbound)
Easley Bridge Rd & S Washington Ave
Easley Bridge Rd & 4th Ave
Easley Bridge Rd & Andrews St
S Academy St & Perry Ave
S Academy St & McCall St
- Route 551: Wade Hampton / Rutherford
- Route 551 will leave the Transit Center and follow along Route 508: Wade Hampton until it reaches the intersection of Rutherford Road and Wade Hampton Blvd. Instead of returning to the Transit Center along Wade Hampton Blvd, Route 551 will turn right onto Rutherford Rd and travel the inbound path of Route 505: Rutherford. Click here to view a map of Route 551.
- When Route 551 is in service, the following stops will not receive service:
|STOP ID||BUS STOP NAME|
Wade Hampton Blvd & N Church St
Wade Hampton Blvd & Dupont Dr
500 Block Wade Hampton Blvd
700 Block Wade Hampton Blvd (Outbound)
Wade Hampton Blvd & Batesview Dr
Wade Hampton Blvd & Bob Jones University
Wade Hampton Blvd & Pine Knoll Dr
2000 Block Wade Hampton Blvd (Outbound)
Wade Hampton Blvd & Rushmore Dr
Wade Hampton Blvd & Richbourg Dr
Wade Hampton Blvd & Arundel Rd (South)
Wade Hampton Blvd & Arundel Rd (North)
Wade Hampton Blvd & Cherokee Dr
Wade Hampton Blvd & E Lee Rd
Wade Hampton Blvd & Elberta St
3000 Block Wade Hampton Blvd
Wade Hampton Blvd & Watson Rd
3100 Block Wade Hampton Blvd
Wade Hampton Blvd & Edwards Rd
Wade Hampton Blvd & W Main St
W Main St & Brook Glenn Rd
W Main St & Edwards St
E Main St & Stephenson Ave
Boling Rd & Stephenson St Ext
Boling Rd & Cotswold Ter
Boling Rd & Gavin Pl
Taylors Branch Library
300 Block W Main St
Wade Hampton Blvd & Edwards Mill Rd
Wade Hampton Blvd & Rutherford Rd
Rutherford Rd & Piedmont Park Rd
Rutherford Rd & Beverly Rd
Rutherford Rd & Hillrose Ave (inbound)
N Pleasantburg Dr & Piney Mountain Rd
N Pleasantburg Dr & Milano St
Rutherford Rd & Morristown Dr
600 Block Rutherford Rd
Rutherford Rd & Old Paris Mountain Rd
Rutherford Rd & Cathey St
Rutherford St & Stall St
Rutherford St & James St
Rutherford St & Echols St
Buncombe St & Butler Ave
Reduced service outlined in this plan may need to go into immediate effect at any time. Please use these methods to receive real-time information and notifications about service changes:
- Check @RideGreenlink on Twitter
- Download the FindGreenlink app and enable notifications and text messages. Open the app and click the “Alerts” button at the bottom
- Visit TrackGreenlink.com on your mobile device and click “Notifications” at the top of the page. If visiting from a desktop computer, click the “Announcements” tab at the top
- Call the Greenlink dispatch booth at 864-467-5000
EFFECTIVE Wednesday, September 1, 2021
Effective Thursday, July 1, 2021
In an effort to avoid delays caused by active railroad crossings, and in order to keep trips on-time for our customers, changes to Route 510: Laurens and Route 601: Simpsonville Connector will go into effect Thursday, July 1, 2021.
- Route 510: Laurens- the route will no longer service Innovation Drive. Customers needing to access St. Francis Millennium should use Route 602: Woodruff Connector or walk from the stops on Laurens Road at Innovation Drive. Greenlink is installing two new stops on Laurens Road for better access to the Vinings at Laurel Creek and the Innovation Apartments.
- Route 601: Simpsonville Connector- the route will no longer loop behind the Mauldin Square shopping plaza using Owens Lane, Peachtree Lane, or Cary Street. Greenlink is installing two new stops on S. Main St near the Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts for easy access to the Publix shopping plaza.
- View an interactive network map of the Greenlink system showing these changes.
Effective Monday, May 24, 2021
Due to limited staff, Greenlink will reduce weekday service on Route 602: Woodruff Connector to 60-minute service starting Monday, May 24, 2021.
Instead of having two buses serving the route, with one coming by each stop 30 minutes after the other, there will only be one bus on the route until Greenlink is able to fill driver vacancies.
Effective Saturday, January 2, 2021
As a result of customer requests and safety evaluations, Stop 1076: Allen St & W Simpson St, which is on Route 504: Anderson, is being relocated. The stop is moving to W Simpson St - right before Route 504 turns onto Allen St.
Effective Wednesday, July 1, 2020
The Greenville Transit Authority approved changes to three Greenlink bus routes at its May 28 board meeting. The changes below will go into effect on July 1:
- Route 501: Pleasantburg– upon leaving Greenville Tech, the route will now serve the Phoenix Center on Cleveland Street before returning northbound on Pleasantburg Drive to serve the Arcadia Hills neighborhood.
- Route 504: Anderson– to serve the Greenville Memorial Hospital campus and surrounding medical facilities more quickly, the route will turn left off of Anderson Road onto Dunbar Street, right onto Augusta Street and right onto Mills Avenue.
- Route 507: Augusta– the route will serve the stops near the intersection of Mauldin Road and South Pleasantburg Drive previously served by Route 501.
Effective Friday, April 3, 2020
Due to safety concerns, Greenlink temporarily removed and relocated Stop 1012: Rebecca St & Hall St on Route 501: Pleasantburg.
Effective Friday, April 3, customers using this stop should now plan to get on and off the bus at a new stop installed at the intersection of Clark St & Hilton St.
Effective Thursday, January 2, 2020
1. All buses already inside the Transit Center will depart at the scheduled departure time. Buses will not wait on all routes to arrive before departing. However, the last trip of the night will wait for all connections so that customers can transfer to complete their trip.
2. Buses that arrive late to the Transit Center will depart as soon as all existing passengers disembark and new passengers complete the boarding process.
3. Customers are not guaranteed connections and will not receive complimentary passes for missed transfers.
This temporary policy will help to better evaluate which routes are routinely arriving late at the Transit Center. Staff will use the data to make future recommendations.
Effective Thursday, August 29, 2019
Due to safety concerns, Stop 1397: Laurens Rd & Knollwood Dr is being relocated approximately 800 ft. north towards the intersection of Laurens Rd & Innovation Dr.
Effective Saturday, August 3, 2019
In an effort to maintain on-time performance with Greenlink’s schedules, the following stops will be serviced by Route 601: Simpsonville Connector instead of Route 510: Laurens beginning August 3, 2019. Customers boarding at these stops can transfer to Route 510: Laurens at the identified transfer location at 25 Old Mill Road. Customers should make sure they let the driver know that they need to transfer between routes 510 and 601.
- Owens Ln & S Main St
- Peachtree Ln & Crestwood Dr
- Cary St & W Butler Rd
- Murray Dr & City Center Dr
- Murray Dr & Hyde Cir
- Miller Rd & Murray Dr
- Miller Rd & Rainbow Cir
- Miller Rd & Oak Park Dr
- Miller Rd & Old Mill Rd
- Old Mill Rd & Devonshire Rd
- 600 Block N Main St
- 503 Block N Main St
- N Main St & White Dr
Additionally, the bus stop at Old Mill Rd & Forrester Dr will be serviced by both 510 and 601.
Route Changes effective July 1, 2019
The results of the Comprehensive Operational Analysis (COA), which were unveiled in August 2017, included recommendations for a number of bus route changes. As a result, Greenlink held 16 community meetings throughout the months of October and November 2017, sharing information about the proposed route changes and giving the public an opportunity to provide input on the route designs.
Feedback received at the community meetings were incorporated into the routes and the Greenville Transit Authority Board of Directors voted to adopt the new routes in December 2017. The changes will go into effect July 1, 2019.
Maps of the new route designs are listed below. The routes are also viewable in the FindGreenlink app and on TrackGreenlink.com. For questions or comments, call 864-467-4544.
New Maps & Schedules effective July 1, 2019
- Route 501: Pleasantburg (PDF)
- Route 502: White Horse (PDF)
- Route 503: Poinsett (PDF)
- Route 504: Anderson (PDF)
- Route 505: Rutherford (PDF)
- Route 506: Woodside (PDF)
- Route 507: Augusta (PDF)
- Route 508: Wade Hampton (PDF)
- Route 509: E North (PDF)
- Route 510: Laurens (PDF)
- Route 601: Simpsonville Connector (PDF)
- Route 602: Woodruff Connector (PDF)